"I've got to find that fire that defined me once so well." -GOOD RIDDANCE

Friday, November 21, 2008

beautiful moments

the last 3 days have given me one of the greatest memories i will ever have.

the last couple days, my beautiful daughter, Makena, has ended up sleeping in our bed. she's had a couple nightmares, and it seems to calm her down. the last three mornings have gone like this...

i wake up and see my beautiful little girl next to me. and i can't seem to fall back asleep, because i just can't take my eyes off of her. soon after, she slowly starts to wake up, but she rolls close and cuddles up to me. she likes to put her hand on my cheek to make sure my face is right in front of hers. then she slowly closes her eyes, and rests knowing she is safe with me. and i can't quit staring. so i tuck her in again to keep her warm and i get about 10 minutes of quiet just resting with my beautiful little girl. then out of nowhere, with her eyes still closed, she starts talking a mile a minute about dora and princesses and ponies. her eyes open up and a smile creeps onto her cute little face. then she leans over and gives me a big hug and crawls out of bed.

December 1st will mark Makena's third birthday. i can't believe how fast she has grown up. she has the beauty of her mother and the attitude of her father, which is scary in more ways than one. but for now, i will hold on to these moments she has given me, and i will never forget how special my little girl is to me. happy birthday, Makena Grace!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home