"I've got to find that fire that defined me once so well." -GOOD RIDDANCE

Friday, November 14, 2008

famous quotes

most christian parents brag about their child's first prayer, or the first time their child understood who God is...
from the mouth of makena grace...

a few months ago...

missy asks, "Makena, can you say, 'I love Jesus?'"
makena's response..."I LOVE CHOCOLATE!"

and tonight...

"Makena, can we pray to Jesus before bed?"
after about 10 seconds of careful thought and consideration in a calm and polite voice...
"...no...no."

some youth minister i am. my own child is an atheist. or maybe agnostic.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:33 AM , Blogger Kori and the Lovely Lisa said...

    Cute kids buddy, enjoy these moments.
    Kori

     
  • At 3:23 PM , Blogger joylyn said...

    who doesn't randomly yell i love chocolate? i know i do it all the time.. i think its the perfect answer..maybe the thing is..makena cant do anything wrong in my eyes.. ha ha

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home