"I've got to find that fire that defined me once so well." -GOOD RIDDANCE

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A Family Tribute #2

Peter the False Prophet

pete is my other brother, you know, the other one as opposed to mark. he also has a funny nick name. it is Peter the False Prophet. like 2 minute mark, i don't feel want to explain the circumstances that surrounded the giving of the nickname. but i can tell you the general reason why he got it. anyway, if you've ever slept in the same room as Pete, you'll know he doesn't shut up. and the reason he doesn't shut up is because he has all sorts of crazy ideas about the world and the way it should be and how he was going to change the world into this crazy dream place he had in his mind somewhere. that's where the false prophet comes into play. his ideas were just so crazy, we started calling him false prophet, because peter's life is pretty much blasphemy.

pete is such a cool guy. in high school, i wanted so much to be like him and all of his friends. looking back, it must have been pretty annoying having his younger brother tagging along everywhere. oh well. too bad. he was the star basketball player, and i would have given my left arm to have his jump shot. although, if i gave my left arm...i wouldn't have had his jump shot. he got me into music and life in a way that i had never experienced before. yes, pete, i'm blaming my former drug problem on you. jk. of course, we were brothers and we fought all the time, but the next day i would ask him if i could follow him and his friends around. or later on when i wasn't a little wiener tag along, it would be us going for coffee, or going to shows together, or listening to him play guitar, or him pretending means 2 an end was a good band and teenage supermodel was a good song. there was something about him that just made me feel good about myself.

he taught me so much about life that i never would have learned and would probably still be fighting with today without him. to see where he has come from to where he is today is remarkable. there was a time in my life where i had given up on God and church, and just people in general. luckily, pete was my roommate, and just when i started into my darkest hour, he was coming out of his darkest hour and seeing God in his life. without him (and of course you, chelsey, but this is an immediate family tribute, so back off) in my life at that time, i would have been gone. people say that God will do miraculous things in your life to get you to pay attention. what got me to pay attention was Peter caring about God! for those who knew him back in the day know how crazy it is that he even became a Christian, let alone is now a pastor. without him to hold me together and show me what life was all about, i have no idea where i would be today. probably better off...but that's not the point. oh, i kill myself with my hilarity! is hilarity a word?

anyway, this is my brother. this is my tribute. merry christmas pete, and a happy hannukah.

8 Comments:

  • At 3:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Blair.. That was sweet.. I love these tribute things.. Sorry, I don't have a cool nickname, but I am sure you will come up with one anyway.. Love u Blair, and you too Pete. You are both awesome people who I really look up to.. & Mark.. Keri-Lyn

     
  • At 5:29 PM , Blogger dave said...

    i gotta keep the trend alive. you bring on the tributes, i'll bust the rhymes. here goes:



    pete the false prophet,
    why won't he get off it.

    pete and his blasphemy,
    making an asp of me.

    pete, always thinking,
    previously drinking.

    pete, with his joking,
    and formerly, smoking.

    pete, the pastor,
    with Jesus his master.

    pete the preacher
    he's a new creature

    pete the husband
    what the....

    pete, like a priest,
    slaying the beast

    pete, he slayed us all at SPARK,
    but man, i sure miss goodsampark

    pete, no longer such a slave,
    i also miss today is the grave.

    peter, finished with the hash,
    but still can ball it like steve nash.

    pete, he's gonna be a dad
    to tomlin roberts... that's rad.

    pete, he moved away out west,
    i feel his absence in my chest.

    pete. solid, all through the ages.
    too bad pastors make such bad wages.

    peter and the chicken...
    its not about pete ok.




    word up.
    if any one guy is the man... its pete. and mark

     
  • At 7:07 PM , Blogger xblairx said...

    dave, you need to write me a book. seriously. publish it with these songs about everyone you know. you might only sell like 10 copies so that the people you write about can read it, so you might lose lots of money, but i don't care. do it anyway.

     
  • At 9:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Mark told me about his two dangerous brothers and thier stories. Hmmm... I love it. Stories like these are nothing but fuel. It is almost worth drivin' on empty, waiting for God to do something with His kids, so that I get to hear about it, and off I go again... Love it.

     
  • At 10:30 PM , Blogger Nic said...

    pete is a good man.
    i miss him around my basement, and his amish beard that wooed chelsea to marriage and children.
    good tribute.
    let's make a peter roberts tribute band.

     
  • At 8:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Slangkee kee kee
    Slangkee kee kee
    Slangkee kee kee
    Spoogaly Lunchable

    That's for you Pete. Love ya man.

    John

     
  • At 1:20 PM , Blogger jerms said...

    oh man. its so true about sleeping in the same room as that guy. serious. some good talks in the late hours of the nite/early morning with that guy both at home in white city and in the dorms. miss you both.
    p.s. sweet poems dave and john.

     
  • At 4:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    http://www.master-the-guitar.com Master the guitar in a weekend.I reveal everything you will ever need to know about how to learn the guitar in a weekend.geoff also reveals a resources website where you can find all the latest Guitar equipments and Music in one location at. http://www.guitarist-resources.com

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home