"I've got to find that fire that defined me once so well." -GOOD RIDDANCE

Thursday, April 19, 2007

graduation is saturday and i don't even have a dress yet

it's crazy that it's almost over. really, life is just starting, but finishing school feels very surreal at the moment. i finished my finals and all my papers, and i have a couple days of calm before the storm. family is coming in for my grad this weekend, and it feels so strange. when my parents asked when it was so they could come, i thought it was strange they would want to come. not cause my parents are jerks. just cause this doesn't feel like it's that important. that sounds bad, because i know it is. maybe when the day comes it will make more sense. this year has been a constant whirlwind. the constant routine of school, work, and sleep feels so comfortable now. it seems normal. but it's not. i can't wait to give more time to my wife and baby girl. i have missed them so much.

now comes the fun part of looking for a job. i had a chance to go to vernon, bc. i had to turn it down, though, because it didn't feel right. the church and people there were awesome. they were so gracious to me in my awkward interview. i just felt like my heart wasn't in that place and it wouldn't be fair to them for me to go there and not have my heart there. now, i am stuck with tim horton's/pizza or something of that variety. maybe construction. maybe directing traffic. maybe directing movies. probably not that last one. i don't know. there are so many jobs out there, but i just happen to want to do something that doesn't hire so much...i guess it's my job to adapt to my situation and not give up on my dreams. i want to work with youth and i would love to do innercity ministry. mostly a combination of both would be the best case scenario. my dreams are big and seem so far down the road, that at this point, what I want to do feels hopeless. i know it's not because i believe God is taking me there. but i can't see the end of the tunnel yet, and it's frustrating. insert spiritual insight here...

anyhow, i am excited to do an earth day gridblog, so join in if you want. the idea is for all of us to write a blog on or around sunday about our view of the earth and what our responsibility is as Christians to take care of it. mostly, take it any direction you want. anyone is welcome to join. much love to those i love, and to those i don't love, well, sorry...i don't love you.

7 Comments:

  • At 12:48 PM , Blogger Keri M. Valdez said...

    hey blair. we're sure proud of you. i know it was a hard year with a lot of work, and i hand it to melissa a makena for letting you be so busy, but it's something you love blair, and I know God will provide for you and your family. You are an amazing person who is passionate about what he wants to do and I can only see God helping you accomplish that, but who knows, I guess only God does. You're in our prayers as this new phase of life will be starting and you're looking for a jobs!! But no matter what, God will provide, Alvaro and I always have to tell each other that! Love you lots Blair, wish so mcuh we could be there to celebrate with you this weekend, but know that we are proud of you because it was a tough year, but God will use you and that's so exciting.. Love ya bro.. Take care, see you next weekend, yay!

     
  • At 1:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My dear Son, you are facing a challenging time, waiting on God...we understand your anxiety and know it is hard, but God's plan is always amazing and worth waiting for...wait on God and see what He will teach you, patience??? We can't wait to see what He has in store, so glad you are done! YEH!!!! Looking forward to a great weekend to celebrate your success! I am so proud of you for following your heart and God's call! Love you son, Mom (in Dauphin)

     
  • At 7:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey blagh.
    congrats on being done school bud. Thats awesome! And i wish i could be there! i actually asked mom and dad if they could swing by and pick me up, but they turned me down so you can blame them haha. But really. I look up to you alotand iam proud, and im sure youll figure everything out...so dont worry because something will come! I love you. I miss you guys alot and i cant wait to see ya next weekend! Talk to you soon

     
  • At 10:37 AM , Blogger Kristi said...

    Congrats Blair! Hope you have fun at grad. WE know what it is like to wait for God to show you his plan. We are moving back home with no job and have to trust God that Cyrus will find work. We will pray for your success in getting a job and you can pray for us. I know God will take care of all of us. He always does. We will see you soon and look forward to meeting your wife and your little girl.

    Love your cuz,
    Kristi

     
  • At 9:15 AM , Blogger Keri M. Valdez said...

    congrats blair.. yay, you're done.. aren't you excited melissa!:) miss you guys, and see you this weekend.:)

     
  • At 12:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    what about planet earth?

     
  • At 12:59 PM , Blogger Keri M. Valdez said...

    hey blair. come on and blog already hey!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home