"I've got to find that fire that defined me once so well." -GOOD RIDDANCE

Sunday, May 04, 2008

in this moment

its 5 am on sunday morning and i'm up with my beautiful baby girl. maybe at some point we'll have to let her cry herself to sleep, but for now, her deep shaking cry is too much for me to handle. so i will rock her and hold her and gaze at her new and beautiful face. and as i pick her up, her cry slowly subsides because she knows everything will be alright, cause her daddy's got her. and in this moment i feel entirely at peace with the world. and i know nothing can take that away. i dare someone or something to try. because the sounds of war, the newscasts, the negative, the heart wrenching, head pounding strife in the world is drowned out by the sound of my daughter's gentle breath. i know i will wake up later today and the pain in this world will flow back in. but right now, this is my moment, this is a God-breathed moment. this is life at its finest. nothing can be more perfect than this.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:17 PM , Blogger Keri M. Valdez said...

    Aw, Blair. Congrats, again. Can't wait to meet that beautiful angel. I did see some pictures, and she is amazing!! Hope you guys are doing well, give Melissa a huge hug for me and I love you guys. see you soon hopefully!! And if you ever get more photos, please send them to me, it makes me feel less lonely here without any neices. see ya blair!

     
  • At 10:17 PM , Blogger chelsey said...

    eep. amazing. i love it!

    i want to meet her!

    i want to see a pic. email me please!?

     
  • At 2:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Amen, preach on, sweet son of mine!

     
  • At 3:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh yeh, that was from me, your mom!

     
  • At 3:12 PM , Blogger Jessie said...

    congrats on the baby you two!
    glad to hear she is healthy.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home