"I've got to find that fire that defined me once so well." -GOOD RIDDANCE

Monday, January 28, 2008

intentions

i was reminded this morning that good intentions don't count for much if you hurt someone in order to accomplish your goals.

i erased an earlier post because of how it hurt someone, and i apologize sincerely for that. without getting into the specific post, i still want to have the same discussion about fighting injustice in our world. where do you see injustice? where do you see justice? what are you doing about the injustice you see? please share your answers to any or all of these questions. we need to fight for a better world, and discussion won't make that happen. but it is a good place to start.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think I need to think on this a bit before I respond, but then the conversation is always over by the time I am ready to reply, so maybe I just need to get on the ball quicker, lol :D

    And on that note, I am going to go leave a comment below in that blog entry on Jan 16, but it's probably too late for that conversation too! ;)

    But on this entry, I would like to share one of my favourite quotes of all time that I think about when I see injustice, inequality, discrimination, racism, homophobia, etc. etc. -

    "We must be the change we expect to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi

    Matt Wiebe

     
  • At 9:59 PM , Blogger Ian said...

    I often remind my students that one will never see perfect justice in one's lifetime. (But I personally believe that there will be ultimate justice but that will come on judgement day.) As Christians I think that it is our response to slights, insults, and outright injustice toward ourselves that tests our commitment to statements that Jesus made to us about turning the other cheek. Right now I am reading a book with my class called "The Hiding Place" where Betsie Ten Boom prays not for the victims of injustice but for the perpetrators. As Christians we need to see the world with different eyes, and look at things the way that our merciful saviour looked at the world when he said, "Forgive them; they don't know what they are doing."

     
  • At 9:23 AM , Blogger John, Angie and the kiddos said...

    Hey hyprocrite. I've done 2 posts since "I left you all alone in blogland." Cmon boy, anti up.

    BTW - we're not going to YC. Sorry dude.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home