"I've got to find that fire that defined me once so well." -GOOD RIDDANCE

Friday, February 08, 2008

shocking revelations below

john has successfully lambasted me into posting something on here. thanks for nothing jerkface.

i haven't posted in a while because all of my thoughts and my heart are really heavy lately. i had posted a bunch of times within the span of a week, and i thought many might be sick of hearing blair's classic 'woe is me, everything stinks' speech. i hope i don't come across that way. but i probably do. my wife often tells me i'm a kindergarten baby and need to grow up already. i told her i know she is but what am i. showed her.

on wednesday at our kid's clubs, i was teaching them about God's forgiveness. i told them that since God has forgiven us, he wants us to forgive others. about then, a young guy in about grade 3 piped up out of the back

"Jesus ain't ever done nothing for me!"

after suppressing my laughter until i could get back to my office, i tried to figure out how to salvage the lesson. i think i ended with some cheesy 'you might not see God, but he loves you anyway' line. that was the highlight of my week. things on my mind this afternoon are as follows...

1. getting ready for sunday
2. the emerson letters show tonight
3. i need to go to the bathroom
4. shaq? wierd.
5. i hope ken miller is all that eric tillman says he is
6. i have issues with youth rally's

i'll post more on #6 later. for now, i have to take care of  #3...

5 Comments:

  • At 12:17 PM , Blogger chelsey said...

    or maybe it's #2?

     
  • At 7:18 PM , Blogger xblairx said...

    i thought about that joke, but didn't want to be inappropiate! you are so inappropriate chels.

     
  • At 8:15 PM , Blogger Sheena said...

    Pretty weird about Shaq eh?! We are going to Phoenix in a week to watch him play with the new team...against Kobe! And then Boston...should be fun!

     
  • At 7:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    in our class that nite, the teacher was telling the kids that we want to try to be like jesus, and asked if they thought jesus went around punching people and being mean....one kid, you know the one, said "well maybe he did!!". ha. he also thought our secret mission this week was to go and sin. ha. man. i definitely had to suppress my laughter that nite too. so fun.

     
  • At 8:18 PM , Blogger Laurie said...

    Hey Blair!

    Can I add your blog as a link on my blog!?

    Hope things are going well for you this week.

    We need to have you guys over for supper sometime.....when we stay for supper too! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home