"I've got to find that fire that defined me once so well." -GOOD RIDDANCE

Thursday, January 11, 2007

A Family Tribute #3

Keri-Lyn...Smells...Like...Hair..gellin'
(I have no nickname for Keri, and nothing rhymes with Keri-Lyn. Maybe slow dancin'?)

i still think of her as my little 12 year old sister i used to make fun of for listening to n'sync. the jokes on me, though, cause now i like justin timberlake. we're even, okay keri-lyn? i harrassed her mercilessly about her love of all things boy band. she was pretty mad about it for a while, but then it became an ongoing joke between us. at one point, she bought me n'sync buttons for christmas that i proudly displayed all over my 86 corolla. i got some funny looks when people looked into my car to see lance bass on my dashboard with a bearded hippy at the wheel. but i kept those buttons, because i loved my sister, and i was more than happy to get a few wierd looks, so i could laugh and think of here everytime i got into my car.

we didn't always get along. i remember once finding a picture of us when we were both little toddlers running around on the beach, but i was so mad at her that day, that i ripped her out of the picture. i still remember her crying and feeling like i had done the worst thing in the world to her that i possibly could have. it took us a while to get on track with our relationship, but i suppose that is normal of most siblings.

i still remember the first time i realized that i really loved my sister. it was at clearview camp, either the summer of, or the summer before i graduated. it was teen week, and i was there and so was she. i remember laughing and joking with her. i remember keeping my eye on her for any guys that might be getting a little too close. i remember thinking, man, my sister is way cooler than i am! my new favorite picture of us, as opposed to the one that i...uh...sort of...ripped up, is one of us at camp that year. i have my arm around her and we are both smiling and it just brings joy to my heart to know that such a sweet amazing person is my own blood. don't ask me how it worked out that way. i hardly deserve it! i guess it's my parents good work or something like that...

keri-lyn is an amazing person. she works in daycare, which i believe to be such a noble profession. to take care of others children is a difficult and draining thing to do. she has a love and patience for children that i've only seen in my mother, and as a father myself, i know how much i would appreciate knowing that a person like her was keeping my child safe and loved. that part of her personality rolls over into her everyday relationships as well, as i see her caring for others in that same way. she is just like my mom, which is the best compliment i could give her. i wonder if that means alvaro thinks my mom is hot? sorry, alvaro. i had to say it. she will make an amazing mother someday. i know alvaro knows this, but he is so lucky to have her. you are wonderful keri-lyn, and i'm so proud of you. thanks for showing me a better way to live through your life. much love from your bro.


p.s.-i know i didn't bug her as much as mark and pete in their tributes, but what do you expect? mark and pete are way worse than keri-lyn. watch out joy. your next!

5 Comments:

  • At 4:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey boob. Thanks for the tribute.! It made me laugh, and it meant alot. I do have to say though, I don't remember you ripping that picture, so don't worry I still love you.. Although now it makes me a little angry, jk. Yeah, I remember that week at camp too Blair. It was so fun to get to know you better as a friend, you are an amazing brother and such a great friend. Love you, Keri (& thanks for saying I was like mom, that's the best compliment ever)

     
  • At 7:54 AM , Blogger Jessie said...

    thanks for the notes on my blog blair..shoot it's been too long since i've seen you...pathetic on my part really...to my credit though, i did try to send your family a christmas card...it got sent back to me though b/c the address was wrong.
    i think we will meet again soon enough though...i can feel it.
    i bet your little girl is growing up like crazy and that she is as cute as a button...can't wait to meet her.
    your words about your siblings are very heartwarming...i should do something like that, instead of just telling stories about their farts.
    being that means was here a couple nights ago and we hung out, i really thought about you and how special you are...dylan and todd are great, and i'm not comparing you guys at all..i'm just saying that you are irreplaceable in my mind...and i'm really thankful that i was able to be introduced to you guys way back when.
    ok..this no longer is qualifying as a comment.
    take care. and see you soon.

    p.s. my last name only has 1 t..just thought i'd let you know.

     
  • At 3:23 PM , Blogger zachary said...

    hey blair,

    this is blair roberts? haha if it is. Thats cool man, I'd just like to know how you came across this? anyways how have you been man? Its been ages since I've seen / talked to you, I think the last time I had any sort of contact was like a year and a half ago when matt held his phone up to my face and told me to talk and later told me it was your answering machine haha.

    Hopefully you're doing well brother.
    lets keep in touch hey?

    Zach.

     
  • At 7:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hey dink haha

    haha yes i am lookin forward to mine.. it better be nice. and i agree how did we get someone like keri? haha she is pretty amazing...at times.. haha just kidding keri i love you and your an amazing ro model.. i miss you blair.. give makena a kiss for me please.. love you!!

     
  • At 5:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I agree with Joy & Blair She is amazing. Thank you God for Keri with teh great name. dad

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home